What is the LICC?
- LICC stands for Local Interagency Coordinating Council.
- LICC is a state-mandated organization that works together to assist families of young children with disabilities and special needs.
- Members include Parents, Infant/Toddler and Preschool Early Intervention service providers, and other Agency and Community Representatives who have an interest in helping young children and families.
What can LICC do for me?
- LICC provides a place and time for families and providers to meet, talk, and form partnerships.
- LICC gives families the opportunity to be involved in decisions that affect the Early Intervention programs in which their children participate.
- LICC provides screening clinics and other child find activities to raise parents awareness of services.
- LICC offers training to parents and professionals.
- LICC forms committees to address identified goals for Early Intervention issues.
- LICC gives parents a voice to express concerns regarding laws, policies, and procedures to state level decision-makers (PA DPW, PA OCDEL, State ICC).
How can I become involved in the Blair County LICC?
The LICC is actively seeking more parent members to provide a voice for families. Meetings occur every other month, (September, November, January, March, May)
Members of the Blair County LICC
- Altoona Area Public Library
- Altoona Area School District Family Literacy Program
- Altoona Area School District Learning Express
- Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
- Blair County Children Youth and Families
- Child Advocates of Blair County/Blair County Head Start
- Child Care Information Services
- Easter Seals of Central PA
- Home Nursing Agency
- Kids First Blair County
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Parent Child Home Program
- PA State Health Center
- Tyrone Area School District
- United Way of Blair County
- Women, Infants and Children, (WIC)
For more information contact:
Blair County Early Intervention Coordinator
Southern Alleghenies Service Mgmt. Group
814-949-2912, Ext. 207
North Star Support Services EI
814-949-7230, Ext. 120
Appalachia IU 8, Pre-School
The Learning Express, AASD
Tyrone Area School District